Monday, November 9, 2009

10th Nov 2009

Currently at Doris's office finishing up the upgrade for the 2 new laptops. Kokwah didnt sound too happy about me not going into the office for meeting today. shrug, so be it ba. taking a "not letting anyone push me" stance. it's true that if i went in today, both Lucy and Serene will be there to help me with my presentation skills, but what i need might not be presentation skills. what i need is to be free from debt, un-lapse all my policies and gain a higher level of product knowledge.

A few days back, a line from Bai Jia Jiang Tan struck me deeply. The talker was a proffessor sharing his experince when working. he was talking about making sure that your nose hair are trimmed before you meet ppl. regardless of how well you dressed, a single nose hair out of your nostril will give ppl the impression that you are dirty. His german boss once told him, unless you have no choice, never deal with a man whose shoes dont shine. at first, he tot that wasnt a very right statement to make, but later on, after he reflected on it, he found it to be very right.

Personal grooming is a reflection of personality. If you are not even able to take care of yoruself, how will you take care of your company? of important deals? of ppl's financial life? Being well dressed is not only a sales tool, its a mindset.

On the next day, no matter how big a 50 cents will look to me (when you are poor, 50cents look bigger than Singapore Flyer.) i went and got a bottle of shoeshine and polish up my shoes which was full of scratches.

A few days later when i went to my uncle's office, my auntie4 commented that i look different from before. sort of larger. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment